Repairing your credit is very important, especially during financially trying times. You can choose to repair your own credit or you may also hire professional credit repair services. With so many companies offering this kind of service, it is certainly important that you find the very best credit repair services so that you will obtain the best value for your money. Below are steps you can take in order to get the most ethical and certified credit repair service.
1. Check for the company’s affiliations. A good company to look for is one that is affiliated to a known regulatory body. With this affiliation, the company is required to follow specific set codes that will provide protection to the consumers. Do not be satisfied by merely knowing which body a company is affiliated to. Instead, do some further research about the validity of the company’s information. Check with an agency such as the BBB (Better Business Bureau) to see the ratings of numerous companies offering the service. You have to look for a credit repair company with the highest rating. With this significant checking, you will also be able to know if the company has legal cases filed against it or the complaints it has received from its customers.
2. Find out about the process involved in credit repair and restoration. When you seek the help of these credit repair companies, you expect to receive utmost assistance in your financial issue. Apparently, you should not think that you have nothing important to do because the company will handle everything. You need to find out what steps will exactly be taken to bring your credit in good shape. You have to demand for a clear explanation of how the company will improve your credit. If you are merely promised of getting your credit fixed immediately without explanation on how it will be achieved, look for another reliable company. You may not be aware, but that company you first chose could be using illegal procedures in increasing a client’s credit; and this may only worsen your situation.
3. Look for another agency if you are required to first pay an upfront payment before the assistance is given. It is certainly prohibited by the Federal Law that a credit repair company collect payments prior to provision of services.
4. Another thing go check for in a reputable company is references. The company should be able to provide you with a list of satisfied customers and their contact details. Using the contact details you have been given, you may give a courteous call to some of the people in the list. Do this to verify if they indeed hired the services from the company; and if they were satisfied with what assistance they were given.
5. Most of all, you have to aware about the rights you have as consumer. You may not know, but a debt that is more than seven years old may be deleted from the credit report. A bankruptcy record, foreclosure, incorrect items, outdated information can be taken from the report. With these errors gone, your credit will substantially increase.